Monday 28 December 2009

cue drum roll...

I mentioned my big news in my last post....well, I've been published in Creative Cardmaking - twice!Back in October I submitted three love-themed cards (with step-by-step instructions and a short introduction) on behalf of Barbara at the Windmill Craft Centre, and the remit was that they would be suitable to send to a man. And we all know how difficult it is to make cards for men, don't we!
Only one was supposed to be shown, if you were lucky enough to be accepted, so I totally didn't expect two of the three to be shown, what a surprise!


The first is this scrap-style rocking card, very dimensional IRL, with foam pads at different heights under the message. The double heart is a lift from the card I made for my DH last valentine's day.

And this one is a super cute Penny Black hedgie stamp that I've coloured with Copics and then decoupaged.

I've never submitted anything before, I'm the world worst with deadlines! It's a very funny feeling, seeing your stuff in a magazine, so to see your name there, too - well, WOW! (Even if it is a very common name, LOL).

So that's my news! Hee! It's given me a lovely feeling inside, and although I know that pride is a deadly sin, well you know what - I am a bit proud!

I'll go now before my head gets too swollen.
TTFN!

4 comments:

  1. Ohhhh Alison! How wonderful! Well done you! Much deserved though ... you have such a beautiful talent :o)

    Teri xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should be proud, and rightly so. Well don eyou - love the cards, specially the 'beautiful'....bet Barbara's pleased too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done you, Love the cards, it gives you such a buzz to be published, Hugs Sarah B X

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, OMG, OMG!!! I'm not worthy to be able to comment on your blog now hun! LOL!
    It's no surprise you're a published crafter, I'm sooooooooo happy for you! Gotta go grab myself a copy so I can point and say - that's my buddy! ;D
    Indulge in the sin of Pride!
    Love,
    Aimes
    x
    P.S Did you get 'copicaholics' in the article?! LOL!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love you to leave a comment, makes me happy to read them!