Sunday, 31 May 2009
Sunday, 24 May 2009
Copics used - Y00, Y21, YR31, E31.
1. fed up with my son, and
2. fed up with having increased my hours at work
3. reasoning that increased hours at work this = more spending money
So, most of my stuff has arrived, except for the stuff from 'create and craft' (which incidentally had the highest postage charges, hmmph!).
Amongst other things, I ordered a couple of Tildas and various objects/backgrounds to make little scenes. Oooh they're very cute, wait til you see them!
Thursday, 21 May 2009
Michelle loved the acrylic album, BTW. There were tears in her eyes when she saw it! Tears of joy of course LOL!
I've received a blog award from my crafty friend Helen, thanks Helen, this is an interesting one. I have to list 10 honest things about myself, so here goes:
1. I am short and fat (does this count for two?) with a BMI of 39. I don't need a number to tell me I'm fat, I have a mirror for that, as I told the practice nurse at my GP's.
2. I have a big sense of humour, and love to laugh and make others laugh.
3. I find being a parent hard.
4. I only own one dress (worn once!) and hate wearing high heels.
5. I don't like gardening, but I wish I did.
6. I like body art, I have two tattoos. Oh and I had my navel pierced 15 years ago, way before it was popular (and before I was the owner of a BMI of 39!). Because we didn't know any better, a friend did it with the gun she used for piercing ears and the whole thing got stuck. Which made me hysterical with laughter while my friend was panicking, trying to get it out.
7. Occasionally, I still get emotional when I deliver a baby.
8. I'm calm in a crisis (vital in my job).
9. I like reptiles and have two pet snakes.
10. I wish I had travelled more when I was younger.
The rules of the blog award are -
Thank the person who gave you the award and link to their blog
Put a pic of the 'Honest Scrap' award on your blog
List 10 honest things about yourself
Pass it on to at least 7 other worthy bloggers
Let them know you've passed it on!
So who do I want to know more about? I think I'll pass it on to
Right I'm off now to let each of these lovely ladies know that they've got an award!
Friday, 15 May 2009
Friday, 8 May 2009
Ta da! OK, not perfectly tidy but all this is much better in here than lined up along the windowsill, right? Look at my Stampin Up! sets in the cubbyholes -hee!
And the bright green box at the left of the cupboard is holding all my chipboard, I have a plan to alter that at some time.
I did 3 more layouts for my friends album, I'll share those soon.
I'm working for the next 4 nights - groan, I've got too used to being off work for the last week. So as usual, no crafting until next week! See you then.
Wednesday, 6 May 2009
I've used one of my SU 'Hodgepodge hardware' pieces on the next 'Raffles' LO, I flooded it with diamond glaze, I think it looks rather good!
Sunday, 3 May 2009
Saturday, 2 May 2009
I've finished the communion card, love this colour combo, (actually dark brown and aqua). I showed my new Stampin Up! set, 'In the Stars' some love, used as a background and part of the sentiment. Peel-offs for the main focal, stuck on mirri card. I think I'm happy with it.
And taking part with the Stamp with Us launch party and challenges took care of Friday night. Two cards, each with a time limit of 45 minutes - I've never cut, stamped and stuck so fast in my life! When I'd finished, the dining table looked like an explosion in a paper factory!
Friday, 1 May 2009
Sorry about the pic of the co-ordinating box - it's a bit blurry!