Saturday 3 October 2009

normal service is resumed...

I can't believe it's been almost 3 weeks since I posted - it must be a sign of impending old age that the time flies by. Remember when you were a kid and every day seemed like forever? Ah well!



I made these step cards a few weeks ago. They are my current favourites (apart from where I had to cut those intricate trees out - I didn't particularly enjoy that bit, I can tell you! All the stamps are by Magnolia, except for the white embossed dotty swirl on the Kraft CS, that's by Hero Arts.

And a close-up, since sometimes my images are 'clickable', sometimes not.

And this Edwin card uses K&Co 'Swell Noel' paper for the background - it suits the Magnolia images so well.



This Edwin is one of my favourites to colour. The circular 'north pole' stamp is coloured and then glazed with Diamond glaze, and a tiny amount of Glamour Dust sprinkled on, while it's wet.



And tearing the glitter card to make snow - gosh, I used to tear paper all the time, I hardly do it at all now.

Hope you like those cards - I'm going to find it difficult to part with these!

A couple of weeks ago I was very lucky and Barbara from the Windmill Craft Centre (who I demo for) took me along to a Woodware craft event for retailers. We did some really nice projects, and I'll be posting some of my faves over my next few posts.


I'll share a sneek peek at one of my favourites, just to keep you interested!
TTFN!



6 comments:

  1. Hi Alison, Iv'e seen your sneeky peek and there gorgeous, I'm not suprised you don't want to part with anything you make as they are all really lovely, hope your having a good weekend xx
    Hugs Lizxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cor they're lovely, and I ain't a huge fan if these characters! Beautifully coloured. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply stunning, love the colours you have used. Take care Ann-Marie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! I'm lovin' these cards Alison! I really need to try this kinda stepper card, though my colouring technique could never match your awesome ability - I'm still in awe of your Copic talent hun!
    So glad it's not just me who's been a bad blogger too! We'll have to sit and stamp in the naughty corner together LOL!
    Your sneak peek looks fabby too and can't wait to see the full creation!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what stunning card, gorgeous work.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fab step cards Alison, these are too nice to give out! lol.

    Thanks for sharing.

    Alex x

    ReplyDelete

I'd love you to leave a comment, makes me happy to read them!