Wednesday 7 October 2009

peaches and soup

Ah, autumn! My favourite time of year, as long as the weather is nice, that is! I like those fresh, crisp mornings and the colours in the leaves. So it was natural to choose these colours for my next few projects.
I love this Tilda stamp, 'Picking Peaches'. For me, it's got just the right combination of detail and movement that makes Tilda stamps so appealing. The patterned papers are 'Porcelain' by Basic Grey, (oh, what a surprise, I hear you say - lol) and the textured cardstock is by Stampin' Up, from the Earth palette.
The stamped sentiment is also Stampin 'Up (Oval All), punched out with the SU oval and the scallop oval punches. I think they are my best ever SU purchase, they see quite a lot of action!
Flowers and leaves by Prima, and I found the pearl flower centres in Tesco, whilst pretending to shop for groceries...
And I'm sure you recognise the Nestabilities (labels 3) and the Martha Stewart Doily Lace punch.

Look how she's reaching up on her tiptoes - cute!

Copic Recipe: E00, E02, E51, E37, E33, E31, E43, E47, R20, R32, R35, R37, R59, RV42, YR23, Y21, YG03, YG63, YG67, C1.

And the other thing I like about colder weather is the excuse to make lovely casseroles and soups...in fact, I'll share another recipe with you. I know you can buy this, but it's so nice to do it yourself. I made this today, and it was scrummy.

Broccoli and Cheese soup (4-6 portions)

2 leeks, washed and sliced
2 sticks celery washed and sliced
1 clove garlic, chopped
fresh thyme leaves, removed from stalk
Gently fry the above in a little butter until softened - don't brown them.
Add 1 head broccoli, chopped and 1 pint chicken stock (stock cube, obviously - I'm not pretending I make my own stock!)
Cook until all veg soft, and then liquidise until it's almost smooth, if it's too thick, add milk or water.
Add a good dollop of creme fraiche and grated cheese and stir in. (we like fresh parmesan or blue cheese, but it's your call here). Adjust seasoning.

If you have a go, let me know what you think!
TTFN!

5 comments:

  1. Just love the peaches stamp and the labels 3 but mostly its just your choice of paper and magnificent use of Copics that make it so stunning Love Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is adorable, wonderful card.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE soup.. that recipe or a version is an utter fave of mine..blue cheese please! YOur copic colouring is lovely..real atmosphere in your colour choice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Another autumn fan!! Loving your colours on this beauty and my you have so much more patience than me - I'd never have been able to cut out that Tilda so well!!
    Might have to try that soup recipe, I'm a huge fan of homemade leek and potato too - scrummy!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Alison, you have time to cook homemade as well as make such beautiful cards, I love the colours you've used and the lovely details,your so talented xx
    Hugs Liz xx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love you to leave a comment, makes me happy to read them!