Sunday 21 June 2009

almost halfway

2 night shifts done, 3 to go and then I'm off duty!


So not much to tell, really. The lost diamond earring still hasn't turned up. :(


Julie and I made around 60 invitations for her retirement party - she's calling it the 'un-retirement party' , as she's returning to work part time later this year.

36 years served in the NHS - I suggested she call it 'an eternity in maternity'!! LOL


and the reverse:



I wanted to white emboss on the Kraft CS but the powder wouldn't stick, so we only did this one:

All were highlighted with diamond Stickles and gems.


Isn't this a gorgeous stamp set? It's by Stampin' Up, from the American Catalogue. When we visited earlier this year, I placed an order with a local SU demonstrator for quite a few things that aren't in the UK catalogue. I'm sure I'll do the same if we go again next year, unless SU massively improve what's on offer to us Brits!


I made a birthday card for my father-in -law, but I took the photo and didn't check the shot before we gave him the card. Apologies for the very blurry shot - dont' click for the close-up!
It's a shutter card, and I got the instructions from Dawn's blog, she is so generous with all the videos she makes!
Bo Bunny paper 'you bug me' and the hero arts owls again!

TTFN!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Alison! What a fab shutter card! Those papers are gorgeous too! Sorry you haven't found your diamond earring yet, I hope one day it'll just pop up. What ever you do DON'T HOOVER LOL! Those invites are delicious - so elegant! Eternity in Maternity is very cool too - nearly as cool as the term Copicaholic of PTI-tis!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x
    P.S Ta for the bday wishes! x

    ReplyDelete

I'd love you to leave a comment, makes me happy to read them!