Saturday 12 September 2009

copics taking over the world!

I must say hello to all the new 'Copic-aholics' in Blackpool - I've done another Copic demo today at the Windmill Craft Centre and won over a few more converts!

Of course - it's the combo of stamps plus yummy paper that finish off how good the card looks, and don't you think Sweetheart Tilda looks cute as a button perched on the ribbon? Love, love, love Tilda's accessories!


The papers are Basic Grey 'Wisteria'.

And this paper is the K&Co 'Que sera' (I've not much of this left now). This has been such a useful paper, such a good variety of colours to choose to match up with the Copics.

Slap my wrist, I didn't remember to write down the marker colours I'd used. Must try harder to do that.

I'm going to have to refill quite a few of my pens, I've done so much colouring recently. I've just sent for some refills from Artifolk - my friend Sarah suggested them, they stock the whole range of colours for the refills. For anyone interested in learning how to refill markers, look at Marianne's advice or see the Copic website.

While I was doing the demo today, I saw something amazing - Gemma brought in her 'Reborn' baby. Well, it certainly had me fooled for a minute - so lifelike! She handmakes them and they are weighted to feel like a real baby, absolutely amazing. Not everyone's cup of tea I know, but you have to appreciate the work that goes into them. Now if only I knew how to get the photo off my phone and onto my blog...
Did anyone else watch that TV programme about Reborns a while ago? Some of the 'adopters' were a bit strange!
When I asked her about the process, apparently the parts of the baby are baked - so when she says she's got 'one in the oven', she really has! Do go and have a look at Gemma's website, just for the 'aahh' factor.

TTFN!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Alison fab 2 cards! i love the copics too! i'm a total convert sold all my promarkers! you have coloured both of these in brilliantly

    hugs DI xxxx

    P.s. just posted your award hun thanx

    ReplyDelete
  2. ****!!* cant believe i missed you today. I got mixed up with my dates and had it in my mind it was next week! Oh well next time. Love the cards you posted, as always. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card, simple bril I really wanted to come to the Copic demo at the windmill this weekend but it was my sons birthday and I could not make it.. boo hoo maybe next time xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what amazing cards, so beautiful.
    Many thank for my awards too.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Alison, I was at the demo you did, the broken elbow lady, I said I'd look you up, well I've become one of your followers too as you make such lovely cards and I've enjoyed meeting you x

    ReplyDelete

I'd love you to leave a comment, makes me happy to read them!