Sunday 6 September 2009

I wish it could be...

Christmas every day!
Well it can be, if you're a papercrafter, can't it? I've been getting lots of xmas images ready to make up into lovely xmas cards - my favourite thing to make! And of course, any excuse to get a few more xmas stamps is always welcome...

I'm going to apologise in advance- I haven't got the exact Copic colours written down for each of my cards - Sorry!

These two Tilda's are about my favourite image for christmas - they're older stamps, but adorable. I also love the snowy fence background on this one. I've used the Copic Spica clear and the Sakura stardust pen to give a bit of sparkle on the snow and the swirls and snowflakes.

PP is 'Tis the Season' by Bo-Bunny - just the most yummy palette of colours in this range and double sided (although this can be tricky to choose which side to use - so I had to buy quite a lot of this! LOL)
The edges are punched using the SU scallop border punch, and the Martha Stewart doily lace border punch.

I've made quite a few cards over the last few days - this Christmas Scrolls grey paper by Craft Creations is just scrumptious - I really love it. The ribbon is by SU - it's the taffetta Basic Gray reel, such good value and great quality.
Shapes cut with the Quickutz cookie cutter circles and scallop circle.
Copics - I've used B91, B93, B95, B97, C1, C3, C5 for the clothing, I can't remember the skin/hair colours.
Tilda is sporting a glittery hat, courtesy of 'Glamour Dust' - just love this stuff!

I've really tried to get more contrast into my colouring recently, it definitely improves the finished result - what do you think? I looked back at a couple of images I coloured a while ago, and although I was really pleased with them at the time, I now think they're a bit bland. So at my next demo - guess what I'll be telling everyone!!

BTW, has anyone else noticed that the eyes on the more recent Tilda's are a lot bigger?

Sigh - the end of another chapter in my life - my youngest has started high school - here he is at the end of his first day of school!

TTFN!

5 comments:

  1. The cards are beautiful, The colouring is fantastic, Hugs Sarah B X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh they wander in as children and stagger out as teenagers after just a day! Love your colouring skills, cards look just fab.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My youngest started secondary school too .... came home after first day without tie and rips in trousers at knees! ?????

    Love all of these cards. Your colouring is amazing and gorgeous and just perfect :o) Love all the papers you've used and both images. Fab cards!

    Teri xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. These Christmas cards are fantastic Alison, love them :) The Christmas patterned papers by Bo Bunny are scrummy aren't they and the stamped images with your Copics are just great.

    Thanks for sharing, can't wait to see more soon.

    Alex x

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG how oranised are you?! Christmas!! Eeek!! LOL!
    I always think your Copic colouring rocks but I confess that these beauties have the most amazing shading ever! Oh how I'd love to attend one of your Copicaholics Anonymous meetings...!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete

I'd love you to leave a comment, makes me happy to read them!