Thursday 26 March 2009

Hippy chick


This is what I made today, I think it's turned out a bit busy. I'm nibbling away at the Basic Grey stash pile, trying to use it up. The Kraft CS tones down some of those bright colours and I've replaced that red felt flower with a green one and it looks better. This design is a 'lift' from a beautiful card that Teri sent me, only hers is nicer! For anyone who's interested, I've used my new Stampin Up wheel 'It's Beautiful' down the left side of the CS, wheeled in versamark, then heat embossed with sparkly EP. That design looked FAB heat embossed in white EP on Kraft CS, BTW. But I need the wheel guide - my wheel driving's pretty bad!
I've spent the day making this and sorting (or should that be 'rearranging' ) stash LOL. At the last minute, before kids/DH came home, I did a bit of housework to look like I'd been busy all day!
I might do another Easter Basket tonight, I found a link on Monica's blog to show you how to create these - they're super-easy and look great! I shortened my basket strips to make my basket shorter and fatter (like Me!) as the first one hid my Lindt choccy bunny completely. I've even done my own shredded paper for the inside (using up that old stash of HOTP paper anyway I can!)


1 comment:

  1. Lovely card Alison! I'm trying to use my Basic Grey papers up too so thanks for the inspiration! I find if you need to trick anyone into thinking that you've been on your hands and knees scrubbing all day, just pour some bleach down a few drains - hee hee! Aimes x

    ReplyDelete

I'd love you to leave a comment, makes me happy to read them!