Friday 3 April 2009

'Stamp with Us' challenge entry

Today I finished off this card that I've made. It's my first challenge entry (ever) and it's for Stamp with Us.

Stampin' Up! supplies used: CS in Almost Amethyst, Apricot Appeal and Regal Rose, scallop border punch, So Saffron grosgrain ribbon (from the USA), Botanical Blooms stamp set, Yummy stamp set (sentiment).

I really enjoyed making this, it's a clean and simple style which is pretty different from my usual 'pile it all on and add flowers and bling' approach! I followed the sketch but altered the orientation of the oval.

I used the Cuttlebug embossing folders on the Almost Amethyst and the Regal Rose CS to add texture, the Apricot Appeal CS was stamped with versamark to add tone-on-tone texture. (Inks are non-SU, just the nearest match I could find in my stash).
I'm collecting my SU order from Sarah tonight, I've got some blimmin' gorgeous goodies waiting for me at her house. And I'm off work til Wednesday so I can have a good play! Can't wait!

8 comments:

  1. Thats a beautiful card, love it


    ADxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card for the challenge, very pretty

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really fab, simple card! I also suffer with the urge to go crazy and pile loadsa sparkle & embellishments on my projects but it definitely pays to resist the temptation LOL! Have fun with your new crafting goodies - you lucky thing!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card - love all your embossing and your colour theme is so pretty too. (My crafting table looks like your blog header too!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is so very pretty, thank you for joining in with our challenge Hugs Monica xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really pretty!

    Thank you for joining Stamp With Us for our FIRST ever challenge!

    Zoe x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card. I like the way you embossed the background and the band.
    Eveline.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love you to leave a comment, makes me happy to read them!