Tuesday 7 April 2009

Pretty in plum



Strange how some days go past so quickly, today was one of those days. Had a little lie-in til almost 9am - it's the easter holidays, no getting the kids up for school - hurray! Spent a bit of time blog-hopping this morning, sorted the boys out with lunch, bathed the pugs and all of a sudden, it was 3pm! Bathing the pugs is hilarious - they go absolutely daft after they've been bathed, running around like crazy!

So I thought I'd better get some crafting done - this set is my newest SU addition, I love it. Its the 'Fresh Cuts' stamp set with the 'Fresh-Cut Notes'.

The card design is a lift from the mini catalogue, but I've used Perfect Plum and Pale Plum cardstock from the Soft Subtles range, I love these colours. I've used a non-SU ink on the card edge and on part of the flower. The Perfect Plum edge at the right has been stamped with the vine design in versamark and I've repeated that on the left edge and on the inside of the card. (Organza Ribbon, button and inks are non-SU, from my stash).

We were in the USA in March, and I so wish I'd bought the SU word window punch whilst we were there. Hope it's in the next UK SU catalogue! So to improvise, I fiddled about with the scallop edge border punch and got something similar. I saw this idea on a blog or youtube but can't give credit cos I've forgotten where I saw it, sorry!

Hope you like!

2 comments:

  1. This design is lovely in the plum. Very soft and romantic feel to it. Sara xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, very elegant!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete

I'd love you to leave a comment, makes me happy to read them!