Sunday 12 April 2009

chocolate heaven since 1911

So I made my remaining Easter baskets and then some! I made an extra 2 'cos I was on a roll, and I had a stash of chocolate to fill them. If I didn't give it away, it would have made it into my mouth (and from there, onto the hips and butt!)

The woven basket is cute but I'm definitely not giving up my day job to start weaving - too fiddly. I confess to using a bit of glue to keep the woven bits in place. But the end result looks quite good (if I say so myself) only takes 1 sheet of 12x12 and the link to the tutorial is here.

Here's a couple of pics to show you (2 baskets didn't get a chance to have a photoshoot). Instructions for the 'lantern' style baskets here on Leslies blog.


Left to right, top to bottom:
Chick basket (made 2 of these for the kids) - Stampin' Up designer paper from the USA.
Twin bunny basket - for my mum, used up some Sweetwater papers from the stash.
Triplet bunny woven basket (for my DH) - DCWV cardstock.
Stamped sentiment and ribbon by Stampin' Up.

I feel quite virtuous using up those Sweetwater papers that I've had for ages! I haven't got an Easter egg - cue the sad violins - DH forgot, so panic-bought a box of Celebrations. Still, chocolate is chocolate, and I'm sure I'll get to share those Lindt bunnies!
Have a lovely Easter!

5 comments:

  1. I love the woven basket. I'd been looking for something like that myself but settled for an easier design - probably just as well as I had 9 to make. Thanks for the link though - yours looks very impressive. Sara xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'd have been a basket-case myself if I'd had 9 to make!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG: These are fab, I love these cute Easter baskets, you've done a great job!

    Thanks for sharing.

    Alex x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Alison! Thank you for the link and the chance to see how absolutely adorable and perfect your baskets turned out. I love the woven basket, too! It would be so cute in the Fall with some apple-flavored candies inside. It looks like the extra time involved was well worth it, even though I understand how that extra time can be difficult to come by. The whole idea with my lantern-style basket design was "quick and easy"!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your Easter baskets!Thank you for the link.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete

I'd love you to leave a comment, makes me happy to read them!